Sunday 13 September 2009

Moving up the class system

So, sexy bum and I have just spent a weekend at his parents caravan at the golf club with them. First night, we spent at the quiz night in the club house which was so fun even though we came 2nd last...next time baby! We all ended up incredibly drunk. They decided to play golf the next day so I stayed out in the sun all day writing letters and listening to my Ipod. We were all a bit knackered last night so we stayed in with beer, played monopoly and had a laugh. I could get used to this middle class malarkey!

Back to school tomorrow. Only 2 years of uni left, dun dun dun! Its a bit kerazy how quick it's flying by. I actually have to work now too because it contributes to my final mark! ugh!

Found my old poetry and song book yesterday...some of it is pretty gay but here's one I quite like:

Goodbye, Childhood

Some think it's a goodbye
To things they once believed,
But it's about new ideas
And how they are perceived.

It's hard to let go
At first, you feel the pain
When you find a bit of wisdom,
You learn you have to lose to gain.

And so what if you're different?
And who cares about mistakes?
Just remember life is compromise,
Don't forget to give as well as take.

Give in to the inevitable,
Just walk straight through the door.
Things you've done forever
Will seem much newer than before.

At seventeen, it hits you
Eighteen, childhood disappeared.
It creeps up really quickly
Everything you feared.

But look at the world through new eyes,
Each and every day
Because once you take the world for granted
You're throwing life away

Lola x

2 comments:

  1. I really like that poem :)
    When did you write it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been 18 I think...slightly lame but not too bad. Thanks :) x

    ReplyDelete